We’ve written a few times about the wickedly efficient (perhaps most efficient car in the world) Volkswagen XL1. I recently got to see the car over at EVS27 in Barcelona. Of course, I didn’t miss the opportunity to take a video and snap a few pics. Unfortunately, there was no option to open the doors and get a look or take a seat inside the vehicle. Nonetheless, seeing the VW XL1 in the flesh was a pretty cool experience. Here’s the video, followed by some pictures:
From a September article, here are some more stats on the XL1:
- Price = €111,000 (or $143,000)
- 250 being produced for sale
- Being produced in Osnabrück, Germany
- Is a diesel plug-in hybrid
- 313 mpg on the combined cycle while emitting 24 g/km of CO2
- 0 to 62 mph (o-100 km/h) in 11.9 seconds
- Electronically limited top speed = 99 mph
More details can be found here.
Keep your eyes peeled. I’m soon going to publish an article chock full of pics from EVS27.
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.