The folks at My Alarm Center recently put together a pretty spiffy infographic on some of the awesome benefits of home automation, and what home automation technologies can do. Here it is:
Some of the facts that surprised me were that:
- A light bulb can last 2.28 years (or 20 times) longer when dimmed 50%.
- 56% of the average home energy bill comes from heating and cooling.
Of course, beyond the potential energy benefits, the other noted uses and benefits are also very cool. As far as other cool stats, I was also struck by the fact that:
- People with home automation see home insurance savings of 20% (on average) or $1,154 a year.
- 1.8 million home automation systems were installed in the US last year (far more than I would have guessed).
- 12 million home automation systems are expected to be installed in the US by 2016.
It all makes sense. With the growth of smartphones and tablets, people are feeling more comfortable with such remote and sophisticated technologies. They are even coming to expect them. I can definitely see the home automation growth trend increasing fast in the coming years.
Any of you have experience with home automation technology, or any further thoughts on this side of cleantech?
- Smart Home Product With Quickest Return On Investment?
- Honda Launches Smart Home Project
- Neurio Sensor Makes Ordinary Homes Smart
- Smart Homes, Smart Cities Markets To Double By 2017
- 5 Smart Home Technologies That Save You Money