Published on October 22nd, 2013 | by Zachary Shahan3
GE Brilliant Wind Turbines + PowerUp = Big Clean Energy Win (CT Exclusive)
October 22nd, 2013 by Zachary Shahan
Wind power is already extremely cheap — the cheapest option for new electricity in many if not most regions of the world. It is also extremely effective at reducing CO2 emissions and other pollution. But it’s still something like a “teenager” or “young adult” in its development. There’s room for improvement.
In the following interview with GE’s Andy Holt, the general manager of Renewable Energy Services at GE Energy, conducted at GE’s recent Minds + Machines conference*, Andy discusses how GE’s new(ish) Brilliant wind turbines and brand new PowerUp technology make wind turbines and wind farms even more efficient, productive, and profitable. Exciting stuff. Check it out and share it with your friends!
For more background on the GE Brilliant turbine and PowerUp, check out:
- GE Boosting Wind Turbine Output Up To 5% With PowerUp, Industrial Internet Technology
- How Smart Is GE’s “Brilliant” New Wind Turbine?
- GE’s Brilliant Wind Turbine — Wind Power Cheaper Than Coal Or Natural Gas (Part 1)
- GE’s Brilliant Wind Turbine — Wind Power Cheaper Than Coal Or Natural Gas (Part 2)
- GE’s Brilliant Wind Turbine — Wind Power Cheaper Than Coal Or Natural Gas (Part 3)
- Who’s Afraid Of The Big, Bad Production Tax Credit For Wind Power?
- GE’s “Brilliant” Wind Turbine Revs Up In Netherlands
- GE Brilliant Wind Turbines Heading Down Under As Part Of $350MM Boco Wind Farm Project
*Full disclosure: GE funded and organized my trip to Chicago in order to cover the GE Minds + Machines 2013 conference. It also arranged my meeting with Andy.
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.