Published on September 30th, 2013 | by Zachary Shahan2
$10 Dimmable LED Bulb Equal To 60W Incandescent Bulb (Special Offer – Last Day!)
September 30th, 2013 by Zachary Shahan
Up until 11:59pm EST today (September 30, 2013), you can pledge $10 to an IndieGogo campaign by NliteN inc. and get a dimmable LED that has been made in the USA and is equal to a 60W incandescent bulb (in light generated, not electricity used).
The campaign team was apparently aiming to raise $250,000 by the end of the night, partly through the promotion noted above. It looks like that isn’t going to happen, but it does still leave you with the opportunity to pledge $10 and receive this sweet LED bulb in return.
“With the average price of a dimmable 60W-incandescent-replacement LED bulb sitting at $25, NliteN is providing a very substantial incentive to consumers to switch over to non-toxic, energy-saving, LED lighting technology,” the company noted last week in a press release.
The full pledge reward options, if pledged by 11:59pm tonight, are:
- $10 – one 2D-Lite bulb delivery by Dec 23, 2014, which is $10 apiece
- $15 – for every two $15 pledges, supporters get three LED Disks, total, no eVandalist, which is $10 apiece
- $35 – one 2D-Lux or total of three 2D-Lite, no eVandalist, which is $11.67 apiece
- $50 – total of four 2D-Lite, no eVandalist, which is $12.50 each
- $80 – total seven, no eVandalist, no uncertainty in quantity, which is $11.43 each
- $99 – total ten, no eVandalist, which is $9.90 each, or four 2D-Lux SLEDDs, which is $25 each
- $200 – ten 2D-Lux SLEDDs, no eVandalist, $20 apiece (normally qty 9) or five 2D-Lux SLEDDs and ten 2D-Lite LED Disks which is $20 and $10 ea, respectively
There’s a ton of information on the IndieGogo campaign page regarding the above LED bulbs/disks, but here’s one more line about the 2D-Lite LED Disks if you’re still hesitant to jump over there:
The flat 2D-Light LED “Disk” screws into a standard “E26” 60-W light socket and reduces energy consumption by about 80% over incandescent, and 30% over CFL, bulbs.
Drive an electric car? Complete one of our short surveys for our next electric car report.
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.