I’ve got a problem. I want you to read every important cleantech story that I see, or at least the headline or summary. (Yep, I’m one of those guys — be careful if you go to see a movie with me that I love.)
This root problem creates a couple of practical problems for me: 1) we don’t have the revenue necessary to pump out that much content; 2) a lot of our readers don’t actually want us to publish that much content — it’s simply too overwhelming.
For those eager to get more cleantech news than may be good for them, though, I’ve come up with a solution — a 3-tiered network of story sharing.
In the first tier are the stories we do actually cover. In the third tier are all the stories I share in a Google Doc I update daily. And in the middle is tier #2, roundups of top stories I really wanted CleanTechnica to cover, but which simply didn’t make the cut. Here’s a roundup of 10 such solar stories:
- How Much Renewable Energy Will Be Installed In 2030? 2040? 2050? — A review of a recent report by Ren21.
- 39% Of California EV Owners Have Solar, 17% More Planning It Within 1 Year (Infographic) — A review of a recent report by the California Center for Sustainable Energy
- Japanese Banks Project Japanese Solar Market To Be Worth $19 Billion In Next Few Years — Some big news regarding the booming solar power market in Japan following the introduction of an attractive feed-in tariff policy there.
- Czech Company Investing €400 Million ($530 Million) Into Ukraine Solar Power Plants — Ukraine the newest solar power market to boom? A Czech company the leading investor?
- Ultra-Thin Solar Cells From New Class Of Materials — A review of another recent advancement in solar technology.
- Los Angeles Department Of Water & Power Gets Flood Of Solar Applications — Feed-in tariffs works, as is shown yet again. However, as in other markets, the agressive LADWP feed-in tariff has created quite a long list of above-the-quota subscriptions.
- Improving Solar Power Forecasts — More scientific work to improve solar power’s attractiveness.
- Microfinancing For Home Solar Bringing Solar Power To Tens Of Thousands In Sri Lanka — When’s the last time you heard about solar power in Sri Lanka? Perhaps it’s time to catch up on some decentralized solar power growth there.
- Panasonic Claims Solar Cell Efficiency Record Of 24.7% — Ah, another solar cell efficiency record. Congrats to Panasonic!
- Understanding The Technology Behind Solar PV Systems — Want to learn about the “basics” of how a solar PV system works? Here’s one for you.
Solar keeps on advancing. You got yours yet?
Appreciate CleanTechnica’s originality? Consider becoming a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, or Ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.