Published on September 21st, 2012 | by Adam Johnston2
Infographic: Green Jobs in Canada
September 21st, 2012 by Adam Johnston
Below is an interesting infographic I found from Talentegg.ca about the green jobs market in Canada.
Here are some of the most interesting findings (in traditional, bullet-point format:
- 44% of Canadian environmental employers in the next two years plan to hire in order to boost their workforce or replace outgoing employees.
- Within the next ten years, 100,000 environmental employees will retire.
- 24% of green workers are under the age of 30.
- Ontario has 37% of all the Canadian green jobs. Second is Quebec with 23%. Sorry, my home province of Manitoba did not make the cut.
- The highest growth potential are in the following fields: carbon emission and climate change mitigation, energy efficiency and heat savings, renewable energy sources, and alternative fuels for vehicles.
It will be interesting to see whether this comes to fruition or not. However, considering tremendous growth in environmental post-secondary educations programs, like the environmental studies program at the University of Winnipeg, which has seen 60% increased enrollment since 2009, it seems there is a lot of room for green jobs to advance in the True North Strong and Free.
Source & Image Credit: Talentegg.ca
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.