Want to do some online solar learnin’? Infinite Solar Inc has just launched Infinite Solar Online, which is “Internet-based solar training programs that expand its traditional curricula to an online format,” the company writes.
“These programs provide students with practical knowledge and relevant skills that can be applied directly in the field.”
Looks like a good opportunity for probably a competitive price for anyone looking to break into the rapidly growing solar jobs market. Of course, as always, if you are considering taking these courses, make sure to look around and compare it to competing programs. (I’m not very aware of such programs, so can’t really guide you on this front. If any of you readers are, please drop some notes in the comments below.)
Here’s more info on what Infinite Solar Online is offering from a recent news release on it and its courses:
Infinite Solar Online training courses are developed using the latest technologies and incorporate rich graphics, interactive features, and custom videos. Designed to complement each other, the online solar courses can be followed by one of the hands-on workshops to put theory into practice.
In addition to online curriculum, students will receive support from professional industry instructors. Online course instructors will be available to answer all your questions and guide you through the material all along the way, with email, live chat, office hours, and video chats. A course glossary, extensive Internet resources and case studies are included in the online classroom.
To help address the growing need for qualified solar installers and provide quality education to both enthusiasts and professionals the following courses are available at launch:
- PVO EXPLORE: Exploring Photovoltaic Technology and Industry. Free of charge!
- PVO 101: A Comprehensive Introduction to Solar Photovoltaic Power and Industry
- ISONEPE*: Infinite Solar Online NABCEP Entry-Level Preparatory Exam
The following online solar courses will be available in the coming months:
- PVO 201: The Fundamentals of PV Design and Installation for the Solar Professional
- PVO 202: Technical Sales in Solar PV: Residential and Commercial (Based on NABCEP Technical Sales Job Task Analysis)
- PVO 203: Off Grid Solar: Design and Maintenance for Battery Backup Systems
- PVO 301: Advanced Skills for Experienced PV Professionals
- STO 101: The Fundamentals of Solar Thermal Design and Installation for the Solar Professional
Looks pretty fun, interesting, and useful. Let us know if you have any experience with Infinite Solar or such courses in the comments below!
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.