And, wrapping up my wrap-ups for the week, here are a few wind energy stories and transportation stories we haven’t covered yet. Enjoy!
1. First Wind gets go-ahead increase size of Oakfield Wind project in Aroostook County, Maine from 51 MW to 150 MW. The project will be able to create enough power for over 48,000 homes.
2. CleanTech Innovations, Inc., a U.S. company and manufacturer of wind towers and other industrial products serving the renewable energy industry, has sued the NASDAQ Stock Market for “racial profiling and discrimination against CleanTech Innovations, Inc. and China based companies.”
3. Iberdrola, a large Spanish wind energy company, is investing €22 million in a 22-MW wind farm in Jumilla, Spain. Iberdrola already has 6 wind farms with a combined power generation capacity of 140 MW in this region.
1. Interested in leasing BMW’s first-ever all-electric vehicle, the ActiveE? For a shot at participating in BMW’s field trial, click on the link above.
2. Zero Motorcycles and Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle best-equipped to cash in on increasing demand for electric motorcycles. “While the market for electric motorcycle and electric scooters is in its infancy in most regions of the world, there is one major exception: Asia Pacific. The vast majority of e-motorcycle and e-scooter sales in 2011 occurred in that region (17 million vehicles estimated for Asia Pacific, versus just over 30,000 for the rest of the world combined), but the market is on the verge of major competitive changes over the next couple of years. A few large vendors, including Honda and KTM, have entered the market, while competitors like Brammo, New Vetrix, and Current Motor Company have drastically revised their business plans or developed new products over the last two years. According to a new Pike Pulse report published by Pike Research, the two manufacturers who are best positioned to take advantage of the upcoming shifts in the market are Zero Motorcycles and Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle.” (Note: we’ve covered Zero Motorcycles in the past.)
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.