Published on November 21st, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan2
10 More Cleantech Project Stories
November 21st, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
More cleantech project news:
- Gamesa announced at the end of last week that “enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company, has executed a purchase agreement to acquire the Chestnut Flats Wind Farm in Pennsylvania.” Chestnut Flats includes 18 G90-2.0 MW and one G87-2.0 MW Gamesa wind turbines.
- First Wind announced last week that “it has reached agreement with Vestas to purchase 77 V100-1.8 MW turbines to be deployed at projects under development in Maine and in construction in Washington.”
- Vestas announced last week that it had “received an order for delivery of a total capacity of 42 MW for the Zarzuela wind project to be installed in Burgos, in the north of Spain.”
- Trinity Solar recently installed its 3,000th solar electric system, a pretty tremendous milestone.
- China announced this month that it was shelving a $500-million U.S. solar power plant because of the SolarWorld petition claiming that it’s dumping solar power in the U.S.
- Light rail projects in the Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill “Research Triangle” region and in Cincinnati moved forward this month through voter support.
- IKEA announced last week that it “officially plugged-in four Blink Pedestal electric vehicle charging stations at its Carson, California store as part of its partnership with ECOtality.”
- The number of countries running high-speed trains is expected to nearly double in the next few years. “By 2014, high-speed trains will be operating in nearly 24 countries, including China, France, Italy, Japan, Spain, and the United States, up from only 14 countries today.”
- The 99-MW Greenwich Wind Energy Project on the northern shore of Lake Superior, in Ontario, has now been completed. The project is jointly owned by Enbridge and RES Canada.
- A 104-MW Brazilian wind farm with 52 wind turbines is providing power to Brazil ahead of schedule. The wind farm was developed by… a Brazilian oil company, Petrobas.
Taiwan High-Speed Train via dhchen
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.