Published on August 4th, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan0
Energy & Environmental Politics Weekly Round-Up
August 4th, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
Check out some of the top energy and environment politics stories of the week from around the internet:
GOP Attack on Energy, Climate, & Environment
- VIDEO: GOP Presidential Campaign Town Halls Become Lobbyist Theater As Oil Industry Front Group Plants Questions [Think Progress]
- Amid Debt Crisis, Dirty Senators Defend Oil Subsidies [Think Progress]
- The Most Anti-Environment House in History: How is Your Representative Voting? (110 Anti-Environment Votes from GOP Since January) [Climate Progress] [NYTimes]
- Debt Be Not Proud: Lame Deal Cements Cement Shoes on Energy and Climate Investment for Foreseeable Future [Climate Progress]
- Debt deal: While they were busy screwing the economy, GOP was also screwing the environment [Red, Green, & Blue]
- GOP Congressman: If We Take The Senate And White House In 2012, The EPA Will Be ‘Discontinued’ [Think Progress]
- Republican’s Launch a Covert Assault on the Environment [Global Warming is Real]
- Arturas Zuokas, World’s Most Bike-Friendly Mayor — already shared this on the transportation round-up but worth another share here if you missed it [Streetsblog]
- EIA Admits its Review of 2010 Energy Subsidies is Limited, But Still Releases Skewed Report to Congress [Climate Progress] [Desmog Blog]
- Top Scientists Tell Obama Tar Sands Should be Exploited, Support Civil Disobedience Against Keystone XL Tarsands Pipeline [Tar Sands Action]
- Denial Down Under With The Galileo Movement [Desmog Blog]
- Big political winner for Dems – Clean energy [Red, Green, and Blue]
- Huntsman: ‘Conservation Is Conservative’ [Think Progress]
More to share? Drop them in the comments below.
Image: Shepard Fairey’s “Clean Energy for America”
Buy a cool T-shirt or mug in the CleanTechnica store!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.