Other cleantech news from around from the past week or so, stuff that didn’t seem fit into my other five categories too well — politics, solar energy, wind energy, transportation, and energy efficiency. Enjoy!!
Clean Energy, in General
- Power Generation from Renewables Surpasses Nuclear
- Germany’s Phase-Out of Nuclear Power Will Speed Up the Low-Carbon Economy
- As Cuomo Plans Shuts Down of Indian Point Nuclear Plant, Experts Fail to Grasp Value of Solar and Efficiency for NY City
- Kansas Town Builds A Clean Energy Field of Dreams
- “Troops to Energy Jobs” Opens New Doors for Veterans
- Green Economy Employs More People Than Fossil Fuels (or Cleantech Jobs Reach 2.7 Million: The “Clean Economy” Starts Delivering on Its Promise of High-Wage Jobs, Brookings finds)
- Mountaintop removal not creating jobs, regulation not killing them
- While Concerns Over Fracking Grow, Four Pennsylvania Summer Camps To Host Drilling Operations
- Pro-Fracking Coloring Book Dropped After Receiving ‘More Attention Than It Should Have’
- Fracking Fatally Destroys Forests In As Little As Two Days
- Stephen Colbert Skewers Talisman Energy Over Gas Fracking Coloring Book
Rare Earth Metals
- US and EU lead condemnation of China’s rare earth quotas
- Paper says China has legal, moral right to curb rare earth
- Analysis: Underwater rare earths likely a pipe dream
- Japan’s nuclear industry credibility crumbles amid email scandal
- Japan PM calls for nuclear-free future
- Red Sox, Chiefs among 20 pro teams joining Green Sports Alliance
- Helpful Energy Comparisons, Anyone? A Guide to Measuring Energy
- Coal Industry Commits Suicide, NY Times Gets Story Half Right
- As America’s “Last Best River” Suffers Through Exxon Spill, Experts Warn of Risks from Keystone XL Pipeline
- University of Nebraska Professor releases study showing that State Department environmental review for proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline deeply flawed
- Report: Damages From Each New Ton Of Carbon Pollution May Be Practically Infinite By 2050
- AT&T signs up for 11 fuel cell Bloom boxes
- Sainsbury’s, Ikea and others eye up dye-sensitised cells
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
Former Tesla Battery Expert Leading Lyten Into New Lithium-Sulfur Battery Era — Podcast:
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...