Published on April 5th, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan0
Top 20 Cleantech News & Commentary (April 5)
April 5th, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
Following up on my first cleantech and politics roundup yesterday, here are 20 more great or important stories from the past day or so. I’ve decided to also bold the stories I think are the most worth checking out.
I realize there’s a bit of overlap sometimes, by the way. Just try to stick the articles in the most appropriate category in such cases.
- New Solar Thermal System Sucks More Energy from the Sun (CleanTechnica)
- Yes, wind and wave power are renewable; New Scientist pulls a Charlie Sheen (Climate Progress)
- Home Solar Panels with No Upfront Costs (CalFinder)
- Nuclear Vs. Coal: A No-Win Ethical Dilemma (Huffington Post)
- Electric Vehicles: Where Do the Emissions Go? (Huffington Post)
- No Nukes is Good Nukes: Cassandra Cries Again (Global Warming Is Real)
- Germany Abandons Nuclear Power (Planetsave)
- World Bank to favour green investments over coal (Bloomberg)
- Green Speed: FIA President Wants All-electric Racing by 2013 (Gas)
- The Auto Industry’s Smear Campaign on Cycling (Planetizen)
- Raising the Status of Public Transit (Planetizen)
- Bamboo and Rattan Electric Car Wows in Milan (Gas)
- Green Cars: Evaluating How Green They Are (CleanTechnica)
- Salazar blasts Gulf disaster company Transocean for touting “best year in safety” – Transocean now says statement “may have been insensitive.” (Climate Progress)
- Retaking Capitol Hill This Week: D.C. Strategist JW Randolph on Next Steps for Anti-Mountaintop Removal Movement (Huffington Post)
- The environMENTALIST: What can we deduce about Obama from his additions to his big energy speech? (Climate Progress)
- The tentacles of the Kochtopus: What you need to know about the financiers of the Radical Right (Climate Progress)
- GOP’s austerity budget apparently gives Big Oil a free ride (Climate Progress)
- China to Tax Energy Usage of Energy-Intensive Industrial Sectors (CleanTechnica)
- Think energy efficiency isn’t working? Think again (Guardian)
Broader Green News & Commentary
Image via PiggBox
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.