Published on April 1st, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan2
Leading Republicans Introduce Clean Energy Bill
April 1st, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
After years of procrastination and false claims (i.e. lies) that they were going to help make the U.S. energy independent; after flat-out denial of clear scientific facts; after proposing a market-based system for dealing with environmental pollution (cap and trade) and then demonizing it when Democrats picked it up and try to implement it, leading Republicans in the Senate seemed to have turned a major corner.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (Kentucky) and Senator James Inhofe (Oklahoma) have introduced a bill that would actually guide us towards a clean energy future that would
- protect our health,
- create jobs and stimulate the economy,
- reduce our dependence on foreign oil from not-so-friendly countries,
- ensure a livable climate for future generations, and do much more.
What got into them?
Who knows? Maybe they came around after David Koch benefited from the Northeast’s cap-and-trade program, RGGI. Or maybe they finally decided that dooming their children and grandchildren and countless others to food and water insecurity, tremendous natural disasters, disease, rising sea levels, and who knows how many resulting wars was just too immoral. Or maybe it’s just April Fools’ Day.
- March Madness in Congress
- GOP Only Political Party in World to Reject Climate Science?
- Is Climate Change the GOP Galileo Moment?
- NY Times on GOP’s Intention to Attack EPA & Country
- The Republican Book on $cience [cartoon]
- New Book on Link Between Climate Change and Human Health (You Can Win It)
- Science Under Attack [VIDEOS]
- The Republican Triple Threat [CARTOON]
- Republicans Come Around, Propose Climate Change Legislation!
Follow CleanTechnica on Google News.
It will make you happy & help you live in peace for the rest of your life.