I normally don’t post project descriptions and requests for investment on here, but I’m making a special exception for this project. It is for a district solid and liquid waste-to-energy facility in the the Central Region of Ghana. We’re big fans of waste-to-energy projects, of course. And the following project seemed like something worth sharing.
PROJECT OBJECTIVE: The objective of the project is to establish an inter-district scale waste-to-energy facility at Edina Essaman in the Central Region of Ghana, West Africa, to combat environmental degradation, global warming and climate change while providing energy to needy communities
CURRENT PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: At present solid waste and sewage collected from the communities, towns and other settlements in the catchment districts are deposited at a site at Edina Essaman without treatment. The situation causes environmental pollution including the emission of greenhouse gases contributing to climate change while simultaneously creating sources of disease vectors that periodically lead to the outbreak of cholera epidemics and other sanitation-related diseases in the communities.
TECHNOLOGICAL SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM: The problem described above is to be tackled by establishing a waste treatment facility that employs biomethanation (“biogas”) technology to treat the organic fraction of incoming waste. The end products of the treatment process will consist of biogas which will be used for electricity production as well as direct fuel supply and digested residues which will be processed into good quality organic fertilizer. The fertilizer will be used in part to rehabilitate the degraded land on which the waste is deposited.
PROJECT EXPECTED OUTPUTS: The facility to be established to serve a catchment population of 200,000 will consist of:
- 100 metric tons per day capacity Modern Pollution-free Biomethanation Sewage Treatment Plant;
- 200 metric tons per day capacity Modern Biomethanation Solid Waste Recycling Plant;
- 7.95 Megawatts Bio-electric Power Station and Bio-fuel Gas Plant;
- Greenhouse gases reduction: 58,200 metric tons per annum of CO2 equivalent.
PROJECT COST: The cost of the project is estimated at US$12,574,250
- The project will result in the derivation of clean energy for needy communities.
- The project will result in the provision of both short and long-term sustainable employment for more than 1,200 persons.
- The project will be self sustaining by the use of the energy and fertilizer derivatives for socio-economic applications.
- The project will assist in environmental improvement and ecological restoration of the degraded land on which waste is deposited.
- Considerable amounts of greenhouse gases emissions will be saved, thus mitigating global warming and climate change.
The project proponents are looking for investors for this project on a Build Own Operate basis. Interested investors may kindly contact the project proponents at the address below:
Global Works Ltd
P. O. Box DC 549
TEL: +233 244 449614; +233 277 579481