Published on February 8th, 2014 | by Zachary Shahan14
Elon Musk & Tesla CTO JB Straubel Answer Questions In Amsterdam (VIDEO)
February 8th, 2014 by Zachary Shahan
Tesla CEO Elon Musk and CTO JB Straubel recently stopped into Amsterdam for a 1-hour townhall meeting with Tesla Model S owners and enthusiasts. A video of the meeting was recorded (natch) and is embedded above.
Questions related to navigation, charging in Belgium, vehicle-to-grid technology and plans, song availability in Europe, solar + Tesla, and much more. Some key notes, imho, include:
- Tesla is now installing close to one Supercharger per day!
- Tesla Superchargers are projected to get up to a 135 kW level soon (a bit more than the ~2 kW a typical house uses at one time).
- Elon and Tesla’s CTO think “smart conductive charging” is going to win out over inductive charging, largely due to efficiency issues, but they’ve had numerous conversations about this.
- Version 6.0 software with “real-time” traffic information and better suspension control is coming soon (probably within the month).
- The San Francisco to Los Angeles battery-swapping service is supposed to be up within a few months.
If anything else in the video is particularly interesting to you, feel free to chime in below!
Get CleanTechnica’s 1st (completely free) electric car report → “Electric Cars: What Early Adopters & First Followers Want.”
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.