I’ve got a problem. I want you to read every important cleantech story that I see, or at least the headline or summary. (Yep, I’m one of those guys — be careful if you go to see a movie with me that I love.)
This root problem creates a couple of practical problems for me: 1) we don’t have the revenue necessary to pump out that much content; 2) a lot of our readers don’t actually want us to publish that much content — it’s simply too overwhelming.
For those eager to get more cleantech news than may be good for them, though, I’ve come up with a solution — a 3-tiered network of story sharing.
In the first tier are the stories we do actually cover. In the third tier are all the stories I share in a Google Doc I update daily. And in the middle is tier #2, roundups of top stories I really wanted CleanTechnica to cover, but which simply didn’t make the cut. Here’s a roundup of 10 such solar stories:
- How Much Renewable Energy Will Be Installed In 2030? 2040? 2050? – A review of a recent report by Ren21.
- 39% Of California EV Owners Have Solar, 17% More Planning It Within 1 Year (Infographic) – A review of a recent report by the California Center for Sustainable Energy
- Japanese Banks Project Japanese Solar Market To Be Worth $19 Billion In Next Few Years – Some big news regarding the booming solar power market in Japan following the introduction of an attractive feed-in tariff policy there.
- Czech Company Investing €400 Million ($530 Million) Into Ukraine Solar Power Plants – Ukraine the newest solar power market to boom? A Czech company the leading investor?
- Ultra-Thin Solar Cells From New Class Of Materials – A review of another recent advancement in solar technology.
- Los Angeles Department Of Water & Power Gets Flood Of Solar Applications – Feed-in tariffs works, as is shown yet again. However, as in other markets, the agressive LADWP feed-in tariff has created quite a long list of above-the-quota subscriptions.
- Improving Solar Power Forecasts – More scientific work to improve solar power’s attractiveness.
- Microfinancing For Home Solar Bringing Solar Power To Tens Of Thousands In Sri Lanka – When’s the last time you heard about solar power in Sri Lanka? Perhaps it’s time to catch up on some decentralized solar power growth there.
- Panasonic Claims Solar Cell Efficiency Record Of 24.7% – Ah, another solar cell efficiency record. Congrats to Panasonic!
- Understanding The Technology Behind Solar PV Systems – Want to learn about the “basics” of how a solar PV system works? Here’s one for you.
Solar keeps on advancing. You got yours yet?
I'm the director of CleanTechnica, the most popular clean energy website in the world, and Planetsave, a leading green and science news site. I've been covering green news of various sorts since 2008, and I've been especially focused on solar energy, electric vehicles, bicycling, and wind energy for the past few years. You can also find my work on Scientific American, Reuters, Think Progress, GE's ecomagination site, several sites in the Important Media network, & many other places. To connect on some of your favorite social networks, go to zacharyshahan.com or click on some of the links below.