Tesla Model S deliveries started to initial customers on Friday. Auto journalists also got their first deliveries on Friday, and apparently they are loving it.
Michael Graham Richard of TreeHugger writes: “So far there seems to be an almost universal consensus that the Model S is a very impressive car, not just when compared against other electric cars, but against all cars.” It certainly seems that way.
Going on: “It seems to please when it comes to look, acceleration, ride quality, attention to details in the cabin, spaciousness, how it sticks to the road because of the very low center of gravity (thanks to the batteries), etc. It’s basically a standing ovation from the press so far, which is rare.”
See the videos below and a roundup of posts from Michael for more on all of that.
- USA TODAY: Tesla’s Model S electric is spectacular
- Inside Line: 2012 Tesla Model S First Drive and Video
- Autocar: First drive review: Tesla Model S
- Edmunds: A Taste of the Electrically Driven Luxury Sedan
- Forbes: Tesla Model S Owner: It’s Better Than An Aston Martin
- CNet: Tesla Model S first drive: Quiet satisfaction
- Yahoo! News: Tesla Model S: First drive of the electric sedan that will change the world or die trying
- Motor Trend: Rocket Scientists Launch an Out-of-This-World Sedan That Happens to be Electric
I'm the director of CleanTechnica, the most popular clean energy website in the world, and Planetsave, a leading green and science news site. I've been covering green news of various sorts since 2008, and I've been especially focused on solar energy, electric vehicles, bicycling, and wind energy for the past few years. You can also find my work on Scientific American, Reuters, Think Progress, GE's ecomagination site, several sites in the Important Media network, & many other places. To connect on some of your favorite social networks, go to zacharyshahan.com or click on some of the links below.