Update: Many of these videos have been removed or died of old age, but you can still check out the links on the bottom.
Tesla Model S deliveries started to initial customers on Friday. Auto journalists also got their first deliveries on Friday, and apparently they are loving it.
Michael Graham Richard of TreeHugger writes: “So far there seems to be an almost universal consensus that the Model S is a very impressive car, not just when compared against other electric cars, but against all cars.” It certainly seems that way.
Going on: “It seems to please when it comes to look, acceleration, ride quality, attention to details in the cabin, spaciousness, how it sticks to the road because of the very low center of gravity (thanks to the batteries), etc. It’s basically a standing ovation from the press so far, which is rare.”
See the videos below and a roundup of posts from Michael for more on all of that.
- USA TODAY: Tesla’s Model S electric is spectacular
- Inside Line: 2012 Tesla Model S First Drive and Video
- Autocar: First drive review: Tesla Model S
- Edmunds: A Taste of the Electrically Driven Luxury Sedan
- Forbes: Tesla Model S Owner: It’s Better Than An Aston Martin
- CNet: Tesla Model S first drive: Quiet satisfaction
- Yahoo! News: Tesla Model S: First drive of the electric sedan that will change the world or die trying
- Motor Trend: Rocket Scientists Launch an Out-of-This-World Sedan That Happens to be Electric
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.