Published on August 4th, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan0
Energy & Environmental Politics Weekly Round-Up
August 4th, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
Check out some of the top energy and environment politics stories of the week from around the internet:
GOP Attack on Energy, Climate, & Environment
- VIDEO: GOP Presidential Campaign Town Halls Become Lobbyist Theater As Oil Industry Front Group Plants Questions [Think Progress]
- Amid Debt Crisis, Dirty Senators Defend Oil Subsidies [Think Progress]
- The Most Anti-Environment House in History: How is Your Representative Voting? (110 Anti-Environment Votes from GOP Since January) [Climate Progress] [NYTimes]
- Debt Be Not Proud: Lame Deal Cements Cement Shoes on Energy and Climate Investment for Foreseeable Future [Climate Progress]
- Debt deal: While they were busy screwing the economy, GOP was also screwing the environment [Red, Green, & Blue]
- GOP Congressman: If We Take The Senate And White House In 2012, The EPA Will Be ‘Discontinued’ [Think Progress]
- Republican’s Launch a Covert Assault on the Environment [Global Warming is Real]
- Arturas Zuokas, World’s Most Bike-Friendly Mayor — already shared this on the transportation round-up but worth another share here if you missed it [Streetsblog]
- EIA Admits its Review of 2010 Energy Subsidies is Limited, But Still Releases Skewed Report to Congress [Climate Progress] [Desmog Blog]
- Top Scientists Tell Obama Tar Sands Should be Exploited, Support Civil Disobedience Against Keystone XL Tarsands Pipeline [Tar Sands Action]
- Denial Down Under With The Galileo Movement [Desmog Blog]
- Big political winner for Dems – Clean energy [Red, Green, and Blue]
- Huntsman: ‘Conservation Is Conservative’ [Think Progress]
More to share? Drop them in the comments below.
Image: Shepard Fairey’s “Clean Energy for America”
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.
Own or lease an electric car? Complete out EV Owner/Lessee Survey.