#1 most loved electric vehicle, solar, & battery news & analysis site in the world. Support our work today!

Browsing the "light bulb" Tag

WiFi LED Light Bulb Soars on Kickstarter

September 24th, 2012 | by Joshua S Hill

"Oh Kickstarter, is there anything you can't do?" Apparently not, given the supremely exciting level of participation in the Kickstarter effort for the LIFX, a WiFi enabled, multi-coloured, energy efficient LED light bulb that you can control with your iPhone or Android phone.

Philips Wins Prestigious Department of Energy L Prize

August 4th, 2011 | by Elizabeth Smyth

The traditional incandescent light bulb has been the market staple for more than a century. Unfortunately, this light source uses 10% of its energy output for light and wastes the other 90% as heat. The the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) recognized that energy efficient alternatives needed to be made readily available and become the new standard for Americans. On August 3, 2011, DOE officially announced Philips Electronics North America as the first winner of the L Prize competition with an LED replacement for the 60-watt incandescent bulb

Back to Top ↑