Published on November 5th, 2012 | by James Ayre3
New LEED Platinum Green Prefab Homes With An Affordable Price Tag Unveiled By Living Homes
November 5th, 2012 by James Ayre
The green modern prefab company Living Homes has been becoming more and more competitive with custom-built home companies. Its new product line has prices as low as $145 per square foot. When you consider that the homes will likely be certified LEED platinum, that’s actually rather impressive.
Its new “CK” homes are a breakthrough product line for them. This will be the first time that you can get a modern two story home that possesses a comprehensive environmental program for less money than it would cost to build a conventional home in many large US cities.
Here’s an overview of some of the home’s environmental features:
- Zero Energy: Energy efficient lighting and appliances, smart heating/AC control system to reduce power usage.
- Zero Carbon/Waste: Recycled materials & Cradle to Cradle inspired materials. Carbon off-set included in purchase price to counter energy used to create the home.
- Zero Water: Low flow water fixtures. Grey water ready system.
- Zero Emissions: No VOC paint. Formaldehyde-free millwork.
- Zero Ignorance: Real time feedback on energy usage
With such a comprehensive environmental package, and an affordable price, the prefab homes could certainly find a place in the ‘green’ homes market of today.
Image Credits: Living Homes
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.