The green modern prefab company Living Homes has been becoming more and more competitive with custom-built home companies. Its new product line has prices as low as $145 per square foot. When you consider that the homes will likely be certified LEED platinum, that’s actually rather impressive.
Its new “CK” homes are a breakthrough product line for them. This will be the first time that you can get a modern two story home that possesses a comprehensive environmental program for less money than it would cost to build a conventional home in many large US cities.
Here’s an overview of some of the home’s environmental features:
- Zero Energy: Energy efficient lighting and appliances, smart heating/AC control system to reduce power usage.
- Zero Carbon/Waste: Recycled materials & Cradle to Cradle inspired materials. Carbon off-set included in purchase price to counter energy used to create the home.
- Zero Water: Low flow water fixtures. Grey water ready system.
- Zero Emissions: No VOC paint. Formaldehyde-free millwork.
- Zero Ignorance: Real time feedback on energy usage
With such a comprehensive environmental package, and an affordable price, the prefab homes could certainly find a place in the ‘green’ homes market of today.
Image Credits: Living Homes
For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity. - Ecclesiastes 3:19