Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

CleanTechnica
A division of Australian banking giant Macquarie Group announced last week that it had acquired a 90% stake in a 322 megawatt (MW) solar power portfolio located in northern Mexico comprising of projects in various stages of completion and development. 

Clean Power

Macquarie Acquires 90% Stake In 322 Megawatt Mexican Solar Portfolio

A division of Australian banking giant Macquarie Group announced last week that it had acquired a 90% stake in a 322 megawatt (MW) solar power portfolio located in northern Mexico comprising of projects in various stages of completion and development. 

A division of Australian banking giant Macquarie Group announced last week that it had acquired a 90% stake in a 322 megawatt (MW) solar power portfolio located in northern Mexico comprising of projects in various stages of completion and development.

Parque Solar Coahuila

Announced on August 21, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA), a division of Macquarie Group, revealed that they had acquired a 90% stake in a 322 MW solar power generation portfolio in northern Mexico. The remaining 10% of the portfolio will be held by Eosol Invest Mexico, a renewable energy developer and operator with “significant experience” in the Mexican solar sector.

The 322 MW solar portfolio consists of two operational projects worth 67 MW, a 109 MW project currently under construction and backed by financing from the Mexican Government’s development bank, Nacional Financiera, and two projects worth 146 MW which are expected to begin construction later this year and which are currently looking for financing from various development and commercial banks.

“We are pleased with the acquisition of this solar portfolio, which builds on MIRA’s significant expertise in renewables and in Mexico,” said Ernesto González Garfias, Managing Director for MIRA in Mexico.

A portion of the 322 MW portfolio’s power has already been allocated under Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) for the first 15 to 20 years of operations. That being said, the portfolio will also seek to sell energy in the Mexican wholesale energy market at prevailing spot rates, and also expects to sign further PPAs over the coming years.

This is MIRA’s second investment in Mexico’s solar sector following the 2016 acquisition of the 22.5 MW Parque Solar Coahuila project which was formally inaugurated earlier this year.

 
 
 
Appreciate CleanTechnica’s originality and cleantech news coverage? Consider becoming a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, or Ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.
 

Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
 

Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
Advertisement
 
Written By

I'm a Christian, a nerd, a geek, and I believe that we're pretty quickly directing planet-Earth into hell in a handbasket! I also write for Fantasy Book Review (.co.uk), and can be found writing articles for a variety of other sites. Check me out at about.me for more.

Comments

You May Also Like

Clean Transport

A few days after Tesla announced deliveries of its Semi are about to begin, BYD has announced that it is also beginning deliveries of...

Cars

Tesla now has a dedicated lane at the border between the Mexican state of Nuevo Leon and the US state of Texas.

Batteries

CATL may be the world's largest manufacturer of battery cells for electric cars but that doesn't mean it can build a US factory.

Fossil Fuels

In 2021, the value of energy trade between the United States and Mexico reached a nine-year high. This energy trade value represents the combined...

Copyright © 2022 CleanTechnica. The content produced by this site is for entertainment purposes only. Opinions and comments published on this site may not be sanctioned by and do not necessarily represent the views of CleanTechnica, its owners, sponsors, affiliates, or subsidiaries.