Crazy week last week, eh? If you got a bit too caught up in Donald Trump’s shocking decision to fire FBI Director James Comey (because, apparently, Trump was sort of sick of seeing Comey discuss the FBI investigation into potential collusion between Trump’s campaign team and Russia), perhaps you missed some of our top stories.
Interestingly, the top story of the past week got shared by Bernie Sanders* on one of his Facebook pages (his US Senator page), but the big burst was thanks to a reader submitting it to reddit, where it rose to the top of the reddit homepage for quite a few people.
Naturally, Tesla flew in to steal several of the top spots. In this case, however, other automakers may be happy about that.
Since I sort of forgot to run a “top stories of the week” article last week, though, below are the top articles of the first half of May (not just the past week). Check out these 30 popular stories for some fun and … well, fun:
- Germany Breaks A Solar Record — Gets 85% Of Electricity From Renewables
- 1st Tesla Model 3 Book Is Superb — 3 Reasons Why
- Elon Musk’s Boring Machine & Electric Sled — via Gas2
- 5 Months Of Chevrolet Bolt Sales: What Do The Numbers Tell Us So Far?
- Tesla’s Model Y Plan Is A Winner For Sure — via TeslaMondo
- Tesla Solar Roof Orders Begin On May 10, Will Be Available Worldwide (#ElonTweets)
- 23–50% of Electric Car Drivers Plan to Get Tesla Model 3 Next (CleanTechnica Report)
- REC Solar Begins Production Of Innovative High-Output TwinPeak 2 Solar Panels
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk: It Only Took 6 Months To Recreate Mobileye Chip Tech (#ElonTalks)
- Norway’s Electric Car Love Favors Nissan LEAF, VW e-Golf, Tesla Model S, & BMW i3 (Charts)
- Mercedes Slashes Lease Cost of B250e Electric
- Vintage Electric Bikes: Old Charms & New Technology
- Former Aussie Coal Town Not Mucking About, Set To Become A Solar Power Showcase
- Nissan LEAF Comparison — Refreshed LEAF Versus Old LEAF
- “Stop Tesla” = Hilarious — via Gas2
- Cities Across USA Continue To Commit To 100% Renewable Electricity
- The Workhorse W-15: The Electric Truck With A Lower Total Cost Of Ownership Than A Ford F-150
- US Electric Car Sales By State — Who’s #1, Ohio Or California?
- Unstoppable Zoe (European EV Sales Report)
- New Chinese Electric Car Factory Will Be Able To Produce 200,000 Cars/Year
- Porsche 911 Plug-In Hybrid Project Officially Dead
- Tesla Model 3 Spy Shot & Windshield Discussions — via Gas2
- US Sales Of 10 Electric Car Models Grew 42% In April, 69% In January–April
- Tokamak Energy Fires Up Fusion Reactor In UK
- Florida Lawmakers Act On Solar Amendment Approved By 72.6% Of Voters
- Nissan Targets 550 Kilometer Electric Car By 2020
- Tesla Model Y Won’t Use Model 3 Platform (#ElonTalks) — via Gas2
- Electric Supercar Manufacturer Rimac Aims To Be The Dominant EV OEM Supplier
- White Tesla Model 3 With Glass Roof (3 Spy Pics) — via Gas2
- Weebot Aero Electric Scooters, Hoverboards, Unicycles — More Last-Mile Solutions
*Full Disclosure: If Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, or even Ted Cruz shared one of our stories (and I found out about it), I’d be happy to make a note of that in the same way as I did here.
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.