Originally published on Sustainnovate.
By Henry Lindon
Larger high-efficiency solar photovoltaic HIT module offerings from Panasonic — including high-efficiency 96 cell panels — will soon be available in the North American market, according to a new press release from the company.
In addition to the expansion of product range availability, Panasonic Eco Solutions Company will also introduce extended product warranties to the North American market in 2016.
Given the rapid growth in the residential solar photovoltaic (PV) market in North America in recent times, the expansion of offerings from Panasonic, a 2015 Zayed Future Energy prize winner, was expected. And this is likely to be accompanied by similar moves from other companies as well.
“North America is one of the fastest growing markets for renewable energy in the world and solar is expected to drive a significant percentage of that growth over the next several years,” stated Dan Silver, president, Panasonic Eco Solutions Company North America. “Panasonic’s commitment to residential solar in North America has never been stronger. By offering our customers an affordable way to reduce their energy bills and their carbon footprint with one of the most efficient, highest-performing solar solutions on the market, we’re perfectly positioned to meet this growing demand.”
Here are some details on the company’s HIT modules:
* Leading Edge Technology – Silicon Hetero Junction (SHJ) Solar Cell – Panasonic’s original silicon heterojunction cell has a unique property that helps minimize loss of electrons and helps maximize the performance of the cell increasing its output.
* Original Pyramid Structure – While the rough surface of other panels reflects sunlight, Panasonic’s pyramid structure helps the cell surface absorb more sunlight in turn generating more energy.
* High Efficiency Performance at High Temperatures – Due to the patented property of the panel’s amorphous silicon layer in each solar cell, Panasonic HIT is efficient and maintains high output even at high temperatures.
* Water Drainage – Rain water is drained off the panel surface. This helps avoid not only water accumulation, but also water stains after drying. Even in low-angle installations, the water drainage helps to keep the panel clean.
* High Testing Standards – Panasonic’s testing criteria is more exhaustive than industry standards.
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.