There’s a great electric vehicle summit coming up in Cocoa, Florida, and I will be one of the happy presenters and session leaders. I hope some of you can join us!
After flying over to Florida from Poland a few days early, I will drive from my home city of Sarasota (on the Gulf Coast) to Cocoa (on the Atlantic Coast). If some of you in the area want to join, it would certainly be fun to travel over in an electric caravan, or simply a cleantech-lover caravan if everyone hasn’t gone electric yet.
Called the “EV Technology and Planning Summit,” this year’s event is scheduled for October 20-22. The specific schedule is not public yet (I’ll update you when it is), but here’s the short summary that is on the website at the moment:
Electric vehicles currently meet the daily travel requirements of more than 95% of the U.S. drivers and sales have grown exponentially over the last five years. GM, Nissan, Tesla and others will offer affordable long-range EVs as early as 2016, which will dramatically enhance already impressive sales numbers. Will your organization be ready to accommodate the growing presence of EVs?
The EV Technology and Planning Summit will focus on transportation planning and infrastructure requirements needed to support the adoption of all forms of EVs. The Summit will provide an update on the current state of EV deployment, technology and planning. This unique Summit is presented by the Electric Vehicle Transportation Center at the University of Central Florida’s Solar Energy Research Center in Cocoa, Florida.
The EV Summit is designed to provide the latest valuable information to:
- Transportation planners (MPOs, TPOs and DOTs)
- Planning, design and policy analysis consulting firms
- Power service providers
- Governmental and private sustainability managers
- Large-scale employers
- Fleet managers
EV Summit Presentations
Technology, Infrastructure, Product Development and Resources
- EV technology and standards
- EV charging technology, deployment and the grid
- EV R&D and the future
- EV infrastructure in the urban environment
- EVs, charging equipment, apps and other product offerings
- Resources available to support deployment
Planning, Policy and the Future
- Public and policy awareness
- Current state of EV deployment
- Planning for local and regional infrastructure
- EVs, renewables and energy storage
- Utility panel discussion on EV adoption
- Cadillac ELR/Volt
- Nissan Leaf
- BMW i3
- Proterra Electric Bus
- Zenith Shuttle
- VIA Motors pick-up
- Hybrid utility bucket truck
I can also tell you that I will be presenting and leading a session on EV R&D and the future of EVs. Should be fun!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
CleanTechnica Holiday Wish Book
Our Latest EVObsession Video
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.