If you were checking in over the holidays, you probably noticed that I’ll be one of the speakers at a hot new conference called “Renewable Cities.” There were already several great speakers lined up back then, but a few new ones have just been added that are worth highlighting.
The newly added speakers include:
- R. Rex Parris, Mayor, City of Lancaster: wants to see his California city become the solar capital of the world
- Esperanza Garcia, Fellow, Worldwatch Institute: is an outspoken climate and renewable energy campaigner
- Brian Hansen, Senior Advisor, City of Copenhagen: has contributed to the city’s remarkable transportation mode shift
Some of the speakers I previously highlighted include:
- Gregor Robertson, the Mayor of Vancouver and the driver of Vancouver’s Greenest City Action Plan
- Eric Martinot, a professor & Senior Research Director at the Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies, as well as the research lead behind REN21’s global status reports
- Joyce McLaren of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Anna Leidreiter of the World Future Council
- Alterra Power Executive Chairman Ross Beaty
Here’s a snapshot of currently confirmed speakers, via the Renewable Cities site:
Aside from the newly announced speakers, Renewable Cities has also announced a new Executive Director, Michael Small. You can read more about that announcement here. And a new partner organization is the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS).
As a reminder, CleanTechnica is an official media partner of Renewable Cities. I’m getting very excited about the event… even though it’s still ~3½ months away. Looking forward to the next speaker announcements as well!
If you haven’t yet done so, and are able to attend, go ahead and register now: forum.renewablecities.ca
If you are attending or at least live in the vicinity, let me know so that we can meet up!