Read all about it! Read all about it! The top cleantech news around during the past 7 days is here:
1. Tesla Model X Reservation Holders Get An Email (Tesla is tops, of course, and just for sending a simple email about a vehicle that has been delayed ~4 times and has ~25,000 reservations.)
2. SunPower: Solar Energy To Be $5 Trillion Industry Within 20 Years ($5 trillion is a lot. Solar power is going to be big. But $5 trillion is still a lot.)
3. Fracking In US Is Biggest Red Herring In The History Of Oil (For a story on a cleantech site that is not really about cleantech, this one did pretty dern well. But more people need to read this.)
4. Forget Perovskite, We’re Talking Iron Pyrite For Low Cost Solar Power (The frontiers of solar technology. Fun stuff.)
5. EV News: Tesla P85D Styling Questions, Tesla Autonomous Car Claims All Hype?, Tesla Trade-In Issues… (Yes, this is another roundup of various EV stories. Something about it seemed to garner a lot of attention. Any ideas?)
6. Ron Baron: “All Of Us Will Likely Be Tesla Customers In 25 Years” (Hmm, perhaps Ron has an idea regarding story #5’s success.)
7. Uh, Oh, Here Comes Honda With $13.8 Million For FCEV Hydrogen Stations In California (The fuel cell parade keeps going.)
8. How The Chevy Volt Became ⅓ Of This Car Dealer’s Total Sales (This is a story that needs to be shared far and wide. Congrats to GM for the great car, and congrats to this Canadian dealer for rocking in!)
9. Painting Wind Turbines Purple Could Save Wildlife, Make Opponents Angrier (I have a feeling this idea isn’t going anywhere….)
10. Earth To BrightSource: Give Up, The Media Will Never Get Ivanpah Right (The Ivanpah story keeps growing. What’s true and what’s anti-Ivanpah hype is something the media doesn’t often like to consider.)
10. Origins Movie: “The Planet is an Ecosystem of Life, and We Are Part of that Ecosystem” (This was practically tied with the story above, so I’m sneaking it in. Set this one aside for a time when you feel like watching a movie… just be sure to do so within the next 3 days and 30 hours unless you want to pay $19.99 for it.)
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.