Published on January 13th, 2014 | by Guest Contributor0
1st European Smart Energy Accelerator Announces 2014 Class of Startups
January 13th, 2014 by Guest Contributor
Rockstart Accelerator is proud to announce the 10 startups that will join the first European Smart Energy Accelerator kicking off in January 2014. The Class of 2014 will focus on different important challenges, innovating in the areas of renewables, energy savings, energy awareness, smart buildings & homes, recycling, cleantech hardware, and carbon emissions. Smart energy really is a global phenomenon, 130 applications were received from 39 different countries and the founders of the selected startups come from Ukraine, Greece, Chile, Netherlands, Israel, UK, Romania, France, Spain and Germany.
The 10 startups in Rockstart Accelerator Smart Energy 2014 are:
- CareToSave: smart metering meets gamification to teach kids how to save energy and helps reduce the household’s energy bill in a fun way
- Dreamups: a collaboration platform for the development of clean tech hardware, providing validation and accountability, preventing knowledge segmentation and lack of documentation
- GiveO2: monitors and tracks trips using your mobile device, providing a better understanding of your environmental impact and incentives to change it
- miniPower: facilitates the replacement and exploitation of used wind turbines, giving them a second profitable life
- Power Tags: an easy and low-cost way to make smarter use of heating, air condition and lighting systems in commercial buildings, using occupants’ real-time location
- QwikSense: provides organizations with actionable sensor data and analytics on how you can easily create a healthy working environment and save energy at the same time
- Reciclata changes the way we recycle, removing the problems that cause people not to recycle by adding game mechanics and a rewards system.
- Skeefer: makes energy intensive household appliances smarter and develops new ways of using and financing them
- WeShareSolar: a platform for collective solar-energy initiatives, giving support by taking care of financing, contracting, administration and management
- Woodstacker: develops modular and sustainable homes, enabling better health, smart use of energy, and new service concepts
Rockstart Accelerator Smart Energy
Rockstart Accelerator Smart Energy is an intensive program that helps energy startups from all around the world to take their early stage business to the next level in 100 days by providing them with investment, office space, highly specialized knowledge, contacts and networking opportunities through a broad network of mentors (+60). During the program participant teams learn how to manage all aspects of their company from marketing and operations to legal and investment issues. After having built strong companies, the startups increase their investment opportunities with Demo Day and an international program to explore new business opportunities.
Rockstart Accelerator was founded in 2011and has already accelerated twenty startups in two earlier programs in the web/mobile space with good results: 70% of their first batch of startups was funded by investors like Greylock, Vitulum Ventures and other renowned Dutch angels.
The program partners of the Smart Energy Accelerator are the Amsterdam Investment Fund, Alliander, the Doen Foundation, Nuon, Accenture, Bird & Bird and KPMG Meijburg.
Applications open for web/mobile program 2014
Rockstart will also kick of their third web/mobile accelerator in March 2014. Startups in the web/mobile space can apply until January 17th 2014.
Check out our new 93-page EV report, based on over 2,000 surveys collected from EV drivers in 49 of 50 US states, 26 European countries, and 9 Canadian provinces.