Published on July 31st, 2013 | by Zachary Shahan2
Solar, Wind, Etc. News Roundup
July 31st, 2013 by Zachary Shahan
Here’s some more cleantech, energy, and other random green news for your reading pleasure. Don’t go overboard and read it all at once! (And don’t skip our own stories!)
- Top 25 Solar Cities In California (Not The Richest)
- First Solar to Deliver 155 MW of Solar Power Projects for AGL Energy
- AGL Secures Extra Funding to Finally Launch Solar Flagship
- What Does ‘Utility-Scale Solar’ Really Mean?
- Utility-Scale Solar Small in Germany
- Suntech Adds Two New Board Members
- How To Compare Value Of Solar Studies
- California’s Solar Plan Is Succeeding
- SunEdison Buys Khosla-Funded EchoFirst for PV and Hot Water
Wind + Solar
- German Energy Transition is Favorable to Business and Industry
- Energiewende: The German Energy Transformation Explained
- Rebutting the “Vagrancy” Argument Against Free Transit Fares
- Stuck With Bad Transit Options? There’s an App for That.
- EDF Exits US Nuclear, Ups Earnings Outlook
- Fukushima Clean-up Turns Toxic for Japan’s Tepco
- Japanese Utility, and the Public, in Dark about Crippled Nuclear Plant
Climate Politics & Policy
- California, Australia Sign MoU to Collaborate on Carbon Markets
- Switzerland Raises Carbon Tax by Two Thirds
- Obama Calls Out Republicans For Wasting Time On Keystone: ‘That’s Not A Jobs Plan’
- As Public Opinion Shifts, Candidates Explicitly Run On Doing Something About Climate Change
- China to Invest $375 Billion on Energy Conservation, Pollution: Paper
- Top 5 Reasons Why The Shaheen-Portman Efficiency Bill Helps The Economy And The Climate
- EcoRecho: the Clean Cook Stove for Haitians
- Paris Set to Quadruple in Size
- ‘Decoy Pedestrians’ Deployed to Boost Safety in New Jersey Town
- Polluting ‘Platinum’ Tower Pierces LEED Balloon
- Harvard Hires New VP for Sustainable Investing
- Insurance Industry Warns of Climate Change and Extreme Weather:
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.