There is a new bicycle light product called the Monkey Light Pro aiming for your funding on Kickstarter. The innovative lighting product displays animations on both bicycle wheels (specifically the spokes) using multi-colour LEDs.
It is both for the sake of the “cool factor” as well we safety. It can impress people, but it also makes it very clear to other drivers in the dark and in substantially cloudy weather that someone or something is present.
It can even display a full “STOP” sign in the original red and white colour!
Apart from that, notable features are follows:
- Designed and Manufactured in California, USA
- Weight: about 500 grams, even balance
- Size: 520mm diameter, 25mm thick
- Visibility: evening, overcast and indoors. Not visible in bright sunlight.
- Media format support: JPG, GIF, PNG, AVI, MPEG, MOV, QT, FLV, and more.
- On-board media storage: 1000 image frames
- Playlist capabilities: playlists allow looping, timing and sequencing of frames.
- Web-based playlist creation, download from Windows and Mac
- Developer tools and API: runs on Mac and Linux
- Integrated Battery: 7000 mAh Lithium Polymer
- Battery Runtime: 3-8 hours at full brightness, up to 48 hours at reduced brightness. Runtime depends on what graphics are shown.
- Not for use with motor vehicles
Check out more information and pledge some money on the Kickstarter webpage.
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.