Published on February 18th, 2013 | by Zachary Shahan3
Solar News: SolarCity Wants You To Steal Its Contracts; Germany Reaches Out To Neighbors…
February 18th, 2013 by Zachary Shahan
Below are some top solar power stories (other than our own) from the past week or so. Enjoy!
Note: following this post, I’m actually going to streamline this news roundup process by sharing daily Solar Energy News Roundups only in this Google Doc (rather than doing so there and on this CleanTechnica page). Also, I’m not going to share our CleanTechnica stories in that doc, so be sure to check in on CleanTechnica for the top cleantech stories of the day. 😀
- Florida PACE Funding Agency Gets $500 Million Boost
- German Solar PV Price Down To €1.52 Per Watt
- Belgian Solar Up To 3% Of Power Consumption, 14% Of Housing Consumption
- Understanding The Technology Behind Solar PV Systems
- Wind & Solar Could Be The Backbone Of The Egyptian Economy
- BNEF Grossly Overstates Cost Of Renewables In Germany
- Solar Speaks: An Interview With Rhone Resch & Julia Hamm At PV America, Part One
- Solar Speaks: An Interview With Rhone Resch & Julia Hamm At PV America, Part Two
- CERC Extends Validity Of RECs To 730 Days; Expresses Inability To Boost REC Demand
- New Paper By Altmaier & Rösler
- SolarCity: Steal Our Contracts!
- Arizona: A State Divided By Solar
- It’s Energy Democracy, Not Energy Independence, Stupid
- Three Charts To Help You Understand Chile’s Emerging Utility-Scale Solar Market
- Germany Reaches Out To Neighbors
- Solar Outside The Sunbelt: Michigan
- Fluor Given Go Ahead For Phase 2 Of 170 MW PV Project
- Desertec To Focus On EU MENA Connection
- Polysilicon Prices Expected To Bottom Out “Soon”
- Isofotón Signs 150 MW PV Project Agreement In Mexico
- Japan & EU Cross Appeal Ontario WTO Ruling
- Greece Prepares For More Retroactive PV Cuts
- Indian Trade War A Costly Distraction
- PV 2013: No Guts, No Glory
- Conservatives Aim To Roll Back Kansas Renewable Energy Standard
- MEMC Installed Over 400 MW In 2012; Project Backlog Stands At 827MW
- France Sets Up Task Forces To Meet Solar PV Target
- Solar PV Accounts For 1.7% Electricity In Spain
- PG&E Accused Of Declaring War On Solar
Check out our new 93-page EV report.
Join us for an upcoming Cleantech Revolution Tour conference!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.