It’s not something I tweet about, make known on Facebook, or generally make any noise about whatsoever, but I actually really like light bulbs. They fascinate me. They always have. Ever since I was a little kid and I realised that a broken light bulb meant the little filament would be dangling instead of held taught.
So that’s why I’m so stoked about the new Baby Plumen 001 from Hulger & Samuel Wilkinson.
The Baby Plumen 001 is simply a more compact version of the Original Plumen 001 design (seen in the video below), but now allows you the options provided by a smaller light bulb. The Baby Plumen 001 works just like any other low-energy bulb, saving you 80% on your energy bills and lasting 8 times longer than your standard incandescent bulb.
The 220V version is now available to buy from Plumen.com in both screw and bayonet fits for £18.95 (or €28,95), while the 120V will be avilable to buy later this year.
- Buying: Available to buy from Plumen.com immediately and through selected retailers.
- Size: Baby Plumen is 158mm x 74mm x 70mm (compared to the Original, which was 192mm x 105mm x 100mm)
- Voltage: Only available in 220V for now. The 120v version will be available later in the year (Country compatibility list)
- Price: is £18.95 (or €28,95)
- Wattage: It is a 9w bulb, which is the equivalent of a 40W incandescent (so 435 lumen)
- Life: Lasts for 8,000 hours (8 Years), comes in Screw (E27) or Bayonet (B22) fittings.
- Colour: Colour Temperature of 2700k
I don't like paywalls. You don't like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it! We just don't like paywalls, and so we've decided to ditch ours. Unfortunately, the media business is still a tough, cut-throat business with tiny margins. It's a never-ending Olympic challenge to stay above water or even perhaps — gasp — grow. So ...
Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.