Published on April 26th, 2012 | by Zachary Shahan1
Fully Networked WattStation and WattStation Connect Software Launched
April 26th, 2012 by Zachary Shahan
GE Energy’s Industrial Solutions business has launched the WattStation and WattStation Connect this week at the SAE 2012 World Congress in Detroit. The comprehensive electric vehicle charging station and software platform has numerous features. For example, it:
- lets owners manage charging stations remotely,
- lets them manage and set customer pricing for EV charging,
- can generate reports of various types for the owners,
- lets EV drivers view, locate, and get directions to EV charging stations from their smartphones or the internet,
- lets EV drivers reserve charging stations,
- gives users pricing details and determines whether a unit is available for charging,
- gives users the ability to track their charging activity,
GE says that it teamed up with Hertz to develop the WattStation connect software due to Hertz’ leadership in offering electric vehicles around the world. “Their global EV solutions in the U.S., Europe and China require the advanced, networked stations that we offer,” said Michael Mahan, product general manager, EV infrastructure for GE Energy’s Industrial Solutions business.
A little sales-y, but here are a couple more videos on the WattStation and WattStation Connect that you might be interested in checking out:
And here’s a very non-sales-y video showing how to use the WattStation Connect:
Or, for more details, check out the GE news release on the WattStation and WattStation Connect.
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.