Published on September 28th, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan4
SolarWindows from New Energy Technologies
September 28th, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
We’ve covered these Solar Windows from New Energy Technologies in the past, but sister site Green Building Elements recently did a slightly more detailed piece on them, so I thought I’d share it with you. Here’s the first part of it:
Solar technologies are constantly evolving, becoming more and more effective as new designs and discoveries are made in the field. New Energy Technologies continues this trend with the advent of their new product, the SolarWindow. The new windows will be the first see-through windows that can also generate electricity through a specially designed spray put on the window.
They are developing six different types of SolarWindows for different situations:
- Commercial- A flat glass window for installation in commercial buildings
- Structural Glass- Structural glass walls and curtains for tall structures
- Architectural Glass- Textured and decorative interior glass walls, room dividers, etc.
- Residential- Window glass for installation in residential homes
- Flex- Flexible films that can be applied to existing windows
- BIPV- Building product components associated with building-integrated-photovoltaic(BIPV) applications in homes, buildings, and office towers.
Read the second part here: New SolarWindows Would Be First See-Through Windows To Generate Electricity