Published on August 11th, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan16
Astrophysicist Neil Degrasse Tyson on Congress’ Lack of Vision, Science, Education (+ Top Politics Stories)
August 11th, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
Leading astrophysicist Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson tears into Congress in this video below (from the Bill Maher show) about it’s lack of vision or concern for the future and where he thinks the problem stems from. He is not focused on cleantech here, but he might as well be — it is a great (partial) explanation of why our Congress won’t move our country forward enough with good clean energy, energy efficiency, and other cleantech policies.
Here are some more top clean and dirty energy politics stories of the week:
- Japan parties reach agreement on renewable energy bill
- Before Calling the EPA a “Job-Killer,” Michele Bachmann Asked for Money from the Agency to Stimulate “Long-Term Benefits” to the Local Economy
- Super Congress Stacked With Climate Zombies
- Persecution Of Polar Bear Scientist Continues
- People Not Polluters: The Clean Air Promise
- Watch out EPA, Fred Upton is on the debt ‘super committee’
- Gas Tax Set to Be Next Big Fight on Capitol Hill
- Climate Hawks John Kerry And Patty Murray Appointed To Deficit Committee
- Green groups urge US ‘super-committee’ to take on oil industry tax breaks
- Koch Sen. Scott Brown Threatens Social Security And Medicare Cuts, Refuses To Close Big Oil Tax Loopholes
- After Months of Tea Party Attacks on the Environment, Glimmers of Sanity Emerge
- After Praying for Rain, Texas Governor Rick Perry Prays for the EPA to Stop Environmental Regulations
- Must-Read Drew Westen Op-Ed Spells Out Obama’s Catastrophic Failure of Messaging
- Michele Bachmann Pledges to Have the EPA’s “Doors Locked and Lights Turned Off”
- Clean Air Attack Underway in Congress
Buy a cool T-shirt in the CleanTechnica store!
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech daily newsletter or weekly newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.