Some more cleantech (and the other side of the coin, dirty tech) news of the week. Enjoy!
- Interactive Map Compares States’ Renewable Energy Goals
- The Quest For Renewable Energy Turns Back To Water
- Former First Solar CEO Starts VC Fund
- New Energy-Storage System Helps Utilities Reduce Emissions
- NOAA, the U.S. Department of Energy and private partners launch project to reduce the cost of energy, including wind energy
- Shell Forced to Retract “Misleading” Fracking Adverts in South Africa
- Inhofe Is Wrong: Five Famous Times Fracking Contaminated Our Water
- Texas first state to enact hydrofracking rules
- Post Carbon Institute Analysis Suggests Shale Gas (Still) Worse Than Coal For Climate
- Bloomberg: ‘Coal Kills Every Day’
- Ideal carbon capture solution years off: study
- AEP: Lack of climate regulation killed $668m CCS project
- Nuclear power is in last place in the race against climate change
- Nuclear power’s real chain reaction: spiralling costs | Damian Carrington
- U.S. nuclear chief urges rapid overhaul of rules
- Letterman Mocks Limbaugh’s Heat Index Conspiracy Rant
- Where Do Old Gadgets Go To Die? MIT’s Backtalk Project Embeds Trackers to Find Out
- Portugal Wins, Sweden Loses in Europe’s Vehicle CO2 Rankings
- With 80% Jump in Venture Funding Since 2009, China Emerges as Early-Stage Investor, Not Just Manufacturer, of Cleantech
- Promoting Electronics Recycling and New Jobs
- 10 Cities With The Fastest Green Jobs Growth
More stories to share? Drop a link in the comments below!!
Photo via Dale Gillard
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
EV Obsession Daily!
Tesla Sales in 2023, 2024, and 2030
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.