I’ve written about high-speed rail quite a lot on here. Clearly, I think it’s one of the best transportation options we can invest in. Although, while I’ve tried to explain why numerous times, I don’t think I ever did so as well as actors Vincent Kartheiser and Rich Sommer of “Mad Men” do in the clip below. Kartheiser and Sommer teamed up with the U.S. PIRG and Funny Or Die to create this video in order to bring support for high-speed rail into the mainstream (for obvious reasons).
Watch the video, vote for it on Funny or Die, and share it with friends! (And, if you want, check out what I consider the key reasons why high-speed trains — or trains, in general — are a leading mode of transportation and should be promoted in the United States.)
Why high-speed rail is a winner:
- It is super efficient (economically and environmentally).
- You don’t have to mess with traffic or parking.
- You get brought right into the center of the city, not way out in the suburbs (or, in the case of NYC, Queens).
- It is relaxing.
- You can do nearly anything you want on a train. You can’t while driving without risking your life and others’.
- Investing in high-speed rail creates jobs and improves the economy.
- Trains won’t be hit nearly as hard by the rising price of oil as cars and airplanes.
- Trains are cool.
- High-Speed Rail Opposition and Support
- High Speed Rail Meets the Beavis and Butthead School of Transportation Planning
- High-Speed Rail for the US, Finally!
- Most Promising High-Speed Rail Routes in U.S.
- China’s High-Speed Trains [VIDEOS]
- High-Speed Trains in Russia and Turkey
- High-Speed Rail in China and California [VIDEOS]
Don't want to miss a cleantech story? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica on email. Or follow us on Google News!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.