The following is a special guest post from the President of OnGreen.com, Stanley Holt (more info on Stanley and OnGreen.com is on the bottom of this post). I know a number of our regular readers are clean tech experts and entrepreneurs, so I’m hoping the following opportunity is useful to some of you.
USC Energy and Stevens Institutes, CleanTech Los Angeles and OnGreen.com are hosting an invitation-only green technology showcase on November 16, 2010 at USC: Building Sustainable Cities Through Green Innovation.
We are looking for promising green start-ups from the greater Los Angeles area to demonstrate at this event, which will have 150-200 attendees from the business and investor community, academia, government and the media. If you are an early-stage green company based around L.A. — or considering a move to L.A. — this event is a great opportunity for networking and exposure.
Planned participants include:
- The City of Los Angeles
- USC Stevens Institute
- CleanTech LA of the City of Los Angeles
- Department for Housing and Urban Development
- OECD: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Featured speakers (invited) include:
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
- Raphael Bostic, Assistant Secretary from the U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
For demonstrations, we are seeking technologies with applications in the Housing area. Examples include:
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Purification
- Air Purification
- Construction & Building Materials
- Food technologies
- Renewable Energy
To apply to demo at this program, there is a 3-step submission process — and all three steps are completely free:
1. Register for an account on OnGreen. Click here to go to the registration page. Takes about 2 minutes.
2. Create an overview of your technology and business plan at OnGreen’s Green Exchange. Takes about 30 minutes. http://www.ongreen.com/deal-marketplace
3. Email the URL of your OnGreen overview to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the event, overviews must be filled out completely on OnGreen.com and submitted by October 29, 2010. If your company is NOT seeking funding at this time, leave the “Amount Sought” field blank when filling out the overview. Winners will be announced during the first week of November, and they’ll be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Proximity to Los Angeles (or interest in locating there)
- Fit with housing/community theme of event
- Quality and comprehensiveness of company overview
- Views and reviews of company overview on OnGreen.com
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We’d be happy to get on the phone to discuss.
Stanley Holt is President of OnGreen.com, a B2B social network that drives investment to the most promising green tech ideas. Stan previously managed media divisions at eHarmony and Internet Brands, and before that he was a reporter in Latin America. More than 200 entrepreneurs from 30+ countries have posted business plans on OnGreen, and a September survey indicated that more than half are contacted by potential investors as a result of being on the site.
Photo Credit: johnwilliamsphd via flickr under a CC license