Published on April 2nd, 2008 | by Carol Gulyas6
Five Reasons Why People Who Live in Energy-Efficient Houses are Sexier
April 2nd, 2008 by Carol Gulyas
People who live in energy-efficient (EE) houses are sexier because:
1. Their houses are not drafty, so in winter they can walk around in sexy lingerie instead of heavy bathrobes and bunny slippers.
2. They can talk knowledgeably about “blower door tests” and “weather stripping” at parties.
3. Men who live in EE houses get to brag about the size of their carbon footprint.
4. Dimmable CFLs are so much more romantic.
5. Nothing dampens romance so much as an argument over money: and people who live in EE houses save hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars a year.
Now is the time to get that energy audit so that your house can be energy efficient for next winter, and you can be a sexier person. Check out the DIY Home Energy Saver site from the Department of Energy. If you need a pro to figure out what to do, hire a professional energy auditor who will provide a prioritized list of energy-saving actions. Find lists of energy raters in your area at Resnet (Residential Energy Services Network).
Appreciate CleanTechnica’s originality? Consider becoming a CleanTechnica member, supporter, or ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Send us an email: email@example.com