CleanTechnica: Cleantech News & Commentary to Help the World
CleanTechnica is now the #1 most-visited cleantech-focused website in the US, according to Compete.com, and in the world, according to Quantcast.com (unless there are some more-visited sites I happen to be completely unaware of).
Our website strives to be (or to remain) the most indispensable site on the planet for cleantech news and commentary.
We have been covering the cleantech industry obsessively since 2008, before it was popular for mainstream media to dedicate blogs or subdomains to the topic. And we are now a well-recognized leader in this field.
Recognition from Around the Interwebs
The following are just some of the indications that we are a top site to follow or reference for cleantech news, facts, or commentary:
- CleanTechnica was featured on CNBC for one of the videos in CNBC and Harvard Business Review’s “Energy Opportunities” series. (Site director/editor Zachary Shahan was interviewed in CNBC’s London studios for this video.)
- Site director Zachary Shahan, due to his role at Cleantechnica, was named one of the top 20 fuel economy influencers in a Spring 2013 study, alongside President Obama, NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, and several other car company executives and policy leaders.
- CleanTechnica won TreeHugger‘s 2011 Best of Green Reader’s Choice Award for Best Sci-Tech blog (the last year such an award was up for grabs).
- CleanTechnica was featured on Mashable for a series on “5 Startups Improving Society Through Technology” (CleanTechnica being one of the five).
- CleanTechnica consistently ranks near or at the top of Technorati’s “Top Green Blogs” ranking.
- CleanTechnica was invited to the first ever Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week as “VIP Media” (all expenses paid).
- CleanTechnica has been syndicated on Scientific American, Reuters, and other top sites for years.
But What is Our Focus?
Technology-wise, our focus is solar power, wind power, energy efficiency, and clean transport. However, we also get into many other topics — geothermal, hydropower, nuclear power, climate change, energy storage, and more.
Overall, I think our top goals are to:
- inspire people and help them to take cleantech action in their lives;
- share correct information on cleantech, including debunking widespread myths.
All in all, we want to be a useful site for the world and want to develop a strong, useful community of world citizens in order to help move humanity forward in a positive direction.