Published on May 18th, 2014 | by Zachary Shahan0
Solar In The Southeast (TalkSolar/CleanTechnica Podcast)
May 18th, 2014 by Zachary Shahan
In the latest TalkSolar/CleanTechnica podcast, Beth Bond talked with Dr. Stephen A. Smith, who has led the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) as its executive director since 1993. Dr. Smith also serves on numerous boards and committees, including:
- the US Climate Action Network (on board of directors, previously served as board chair);
- Tennessee Valley Authority’s Regional Energy Resource Council, which advises the TVA Board of Directors on energy resource activities in the Tennessee Valley region.
He has also served on:
- the North Carolina Legislative Commission on Global Climate Change;
- the North Carolina Climate Action Planning Advisory Group;
- the South Carolina Climate, Energy and Commerce Advisory Committee;
- State of Florida Energy Supply and Demand Committee of the state Climate Action Team;
- the national governing board for the Center for Resource Solutions’ National Green Power Accreditation;
- the US Department of Energy, Tennessee Valley Electric System Advisory Committee.
Dr. Smith makes many key points that need to be repeated, repeated, repeated, and repeated. And Beth does a wonderful job leading the conversation. A lot of time is spent on my home state of Florida, which I found very interesting (and depressing), as well as Georgia, which installed more solar power in 2013 than Florida installed in the past 3 years, as Dr. Smith noted. There are actually a lot of money quotes. Check out this short podcast and share with others!
Get CleanTechnica’s 1st (completely free) electric car report — Electric Cars: What Early Adopters & First Followers Want.
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.