Published on January 3rd, 2014 | by Zachary Shahan6
Is Tesla Looking To Sell “SEXY” Brand?
January 3rd, 2014 by Zachary Shahan
We all know the phrase — “sex sells.” I saw an interesting comment a month or so ago noting that, if Tesla’s next model is the Tesla Model E (which is widely assumed to be the case due to a trademark request for “Model E” filed last year), Tesla’s three models would then spell out S-E-X.
However, even beyond that, I also found out about a week ago that Tesla already has the trademark for “Model Y.” So, the “only logical conclusion” here is that Tesla is looking to develop a “SEXY” brand, right? (But who didn’t already know that?)
For some background, here are some stories on the Model X:
- Tesla’s Model X Pushed Back 1 Year, Now Due In Late 2014
- Tesla Model X Falcon-Wing Doors — Patent Requested
- Elon Musk Making $1 Tesla Salary, But $4.3 Million On Model X
- Electric Luxury SUV that Accelerates to 60 MPH in 4.4
- 500 Tesla Model X Reservations in First 4 Days
And here are some stories on the Model E:
- Tesla’s More-Affordable 4th Production Model To Be Released By 2017
- Tesla’s Next Electric Car To Be The Tesla Model E? (Trademark Request Filed)
- Tesla Model E Likely To Be Revealed At Detroit Auto Show 2015
And I’ll open up comments on what the Model Y would be.
Of course, you know what they say about assumptions, but wouldn’t that just play into the story further?… I think I’ll shut my mouth now.
Get CleanTechnica’s 1st (completely free) electric car report → “Electric Cars: What Early Adopters & First Followers Want.”
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.