For the wind-obsessed, below are some top wind energy stories from the past couple days or so.
Note: following this post, I’m actually going to streamline this news roundup process by sharing daily Wind Energy News Roundups only in this Google Doc (rather than doing so there and on this CleanTechnica page). Also, I’m not going to share our CleanTechnica stories in that doc, so be sure to check in on CleanTechnica for the top cleantech stories of the day.
- Puget Sound Energy Wind Farms Post New One-Day Generating Record
- Wind & Solar Could Be The Backbone Of The Egyptian Economy
- New Trends In Financing Wind
- Iberdrola Receives Planning Consent For 288 MW Kilgallioch Wind Farm In Scotland
- BNEF Grossly Overstates Cost Of Renewables In Germany
- CERC Extends Validity Of RECs To 730 Days; Expresses Inability To Boost REC Demand
- Cost Distribution Proposals
- New Paper By Altmaier & Rösler
- Endurance Test Of An Offshore Wind Turbine In The Laboratory
- Repower’s Cold Turbines For Canada
- Germany Reaches Out To Neighbors
- First Wind Hosts Annual Stetson Wind Snowmobile Ride-In
- Desertec To Focus On EU MENA Connection
- Japan & EU Cross Appeal Ontario WTO Ruling
- Conservatives Aim To Roll Back Kansas Renewable Energy Standard
- Cape Wind Book Review
I'm the director of CleanTechnica, the most popular clean energy website in the world, and Planetsave, a leading green and science news site. I've been covering green news of various sorts since 2008, and I've been especially focused on solar energy, electric vehicles, bicycling, and wind energy for the past few years. You can also find my work on Scientific American, Reuters, Think Progress, GE's ecomagination site, several sites in the Important Media network, & many other places. To connect on some of your favorite social networks, go to zacharyshahan.com or click on some of the links below.