Published on February 18th, 2013 | by Zachary Shahan1
Transport News: Henrik Fisker Interview; 4 Generations Of Bike Sharing, EVs Taking Off In Holland…
February 18th, 2013 by Zachary Shahan
For those obsessed with clean transport, below is some top transport news and commentary from the past week or so that we haven’t covered.
Note: following this post, I’m actually going to streamline this news roundup process by sharing daily “Transport News Roundups” only in this Google Doc (rather than doing so there and on this CleanTechnica page). Also, I’m not going to share our CleanTechnica stories in that doc, so be sure to check in on CleanTechnica for the top cleantech stories of the day.
- Bikeability Of 36 Cities — Walk Score Rates Every Address In Each City
- What US High-Speed Rail Should Look Like (Map)
- SideCar Offers Rides in More Cities
- Roads that Make Themselves Safe, Charge Your Car, and Turn off the Lights [Infographic]
- Designing a More Meaningful Bike Map
- London Plans Low Emissions Zone; Too Little, Too Late?
- Could New York’s Bike Gains Disappear Under New Mayor?
- Cars and Vibrant Cities: Opposites That Don’t Attract
- Four Generations of Bike Sharing
- Why We Need to Invest in Public Transit
- Bike Summit Preview: Visionary Efforts to Design “Better Blocks”
- Ray LaHood: “Sitting on the Sidelines Doesn’t Accomplish Anything”
- Meet the Rural Region That Opted for VelociBuses Over Highway Expansion
- Motorists Dismount
- Mercedes AMG, Cigarette Racing Build Most Powerful Electric Boat Ever
- Electric Vehicles Taking Off in Holland
- BMW Earns Profit By The Minute With Car Sharing: Is Ownership Dead?
- Don’t Mess With Texas: State Considering An Electric Vehicle Tax
- Congress Considering A Pay-Per-Mile Road Tax
- Toyota Hybrids Get More Popular in Diesel-Loving Europe
- Fisker Nearly Giving Away a Karma with … Captain Planet?
- Henrik Fisker Has Wined and Dined 25% of All Karma Buyers
- In Deep with Henrik Fisker: Despite Floods and Fires, “I think we’re beating the odds”
- Fisker May Get $350 Million Bid from China’s Dongfeng
- Ford’s January Hybrid Sales Quadruple from 2012, Younger Buyers Show Interest
- Stanford Team Develops New Approach to Overcoming Capacity Fading in Lithium-Sulfur Batteries
- ABB Broadens EV Fast Charging Portfolio with Combined Charging System (CCS) Support
- DNV and PSE Develop Concept for On-Ship Chemical CO2 Capture; Capable of Reducing Ship CO2 Emissions by up to 65%
- Cost Distribution Proposals
- White House Wants $2 billion to Give Cleaner Transport a Boost
- Will Other States Follow Wyoming’s Lead In Raising Gas Tax?
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.