Published on January 12th, 2013 | by Zachary Shahan1
Bonnaroo Loves Solar; How Many Tesla Model S’sss Have Been Produced?… (Cleantech News Roundup)
January 12th, 2013 by Zachary Shahan
Other than our own stories, here’s some top cleantech and climate change news of the past few days:
- Bonnaroo Unveils First Permanent Festival Solar Array
- First Solar Begins Construction of Campo Verde Solar Project
- Arizona’s Black Mountain Solar Project Reaches Completion
- Financing Complete for Largest Solar-Powered US Military Community
- US: Solar Power Plants to Attract Over $20 Billion of Investment by 2016
- Clenergy Wins Bid for 30 MW in China
- GET FiT
- Huge Consolidation in Upstream Solar Predicted for 2013
- Andhra Pradesh Opens 1GW Solar Tender
- Solar Frontier and Development Bank of Japan to Set up PV Investment Firm
- Hanergy Snaps Up MiaSole in Latest Solar Industry Consolidation
- China To Add 49 GW of Renewables in 2013, Solar Stocks Soar
- 9 Crowdfunded Solar Powered Gadgets: Where Are They Now?
- MPowered’s Elegant Luci Solar Lantern Maintains a Single Charge for Three Months!
- Rethinking Wedges: We Need A Lot of Clean Energy To Stabilize Near 2°C Warming So We Better Start Deployment ASAP
- Green Jobs 2.0: Re-Framing The Politics Of Clean Energy Around The Climate-Informed Economy
- Saab Heading To China To Build EVs
- Oregon Considers a Per-Mile Tax for Efficient Vehicles
- Pike Research Forecasts Automotive Li-ion Battery Market to Grow to Almost $22B in 2020; China to Become Global Leader in Production by 2015
- Volkswagen Wants to Be “the Leader in Electrification”
- Unofficial Tesla Model S Production Numbers Revealed
- Can Aluminum Make Electric Cars Cheaper?
- Bob Lutz Says Via Motors’ X-Truck Makes Prius Look Like a ‘Gas Guzzler’
- Vauxhall Ampera: Final Report
- San Francisco: Leading The Way In Hybrid Sales
Other Transport News
- Average Fuel Economy Rose Almost 3 MPG In 4 Years
- Smartphone App for Improving Driving Style; Improved Safety, Lower Fuel Consumption
- California Energy Commission Awards $3.27 Million to 6 Clean Transportation Projects
- Human Activity Continues to Warm the Planet Over the Past 16 Years
- Video And Charts Make Clear The Planet Is Still Warming — And There’s Only One Way To Stop It
- By The Numbers: Breaking Down America’s Hottest Year On Record
- Hacking The Planet: World Economic Forum Raises Concerns About ‘Rogue’ Geoengineering
- Explained in 90 seconds: What the @#% is Climate Change Doing to El Nino?
- Met Office Hits Back at ‘Inaccuracies’ in James Delingpole Article
- Climate Change Set to Make America Hotter, Drier, and More Disaster-Prone
- End Climate Silence Now: Draft Climate Assessment Warns Of Devastating 9°-15°F Warming Over Most Of U.S.
- Bill McKibben – Climate Change is an Environmental and Economic Issue:
- Coal Loses Crown As King Of Power Generation
- Big Oil Lobby Claims The Industry ‘Gets No Subsidies, Zero, Nothing’
- … and Here’s What Gas Flaring Looks Like from Space:
- Chart: Obama Has Protected Fewer Public Lands Than Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, And George W. Bush
- China’s Carbon Intensity Falls Over 3.5% in 2012: Official
- Obama’s First Term: Assessing Progress On Top Energy And Climate Priorities
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.