Published on December 27th, 2012 | by Joshua S Hill0
ChargePoint Unveils New EV Charging Smartphone App With “All” US Charging Stations
The largest online network of independently owned EV charging stations, operating in more than 14 countries, ChargePoint introduced earlier this month the newest electric vehicle charging station mobile application for all iPhone and Android smart phones.
The new application has an all-new user experience and look and now features ‘all’ EV charging stations installed in the United States, not just those on the ChargePoint network.
On top of that, the free application now lets users easily identify which station is closest to their current location and the prices available.
“ChargePoint is the world’s largest electric vehicle global charging network,” said Pat Romano, president and CEO of ChargePoint.
“One feature EV drivers have requested is the ability to navigate, access and charge at any electric vehicle charging station, not just those on the ChargePoint network. With more than ten thousand EV charging spots on the ChargePoint network and thousands more out of the network it is the easiest way to find any EV charging station anywhere in North America.”
The ChargePoint EV charging station mobile app allows EV drivers to:
- Find charging stations near you or near any specified address.
- Get turn-by-turn directions to charging stations.
- See the real-time availability of charging stations: Available or In Use.
- Load detailed maps quickly. Drivers can switch between map view and list view for simple navigation.
- Add, remove and recall your favorite places to charge.
- Create a new ChargePoint account directly from your phone.
- Start and stop charging sessions directly from your smart phone. (*)
- Get directions from your current location to where your EV is charging. (*)
- Get status on your current or most recent EV charging session: energy used, greenhouse gas savings and charging time. (*)
- Receive real-time notifications of your current charging session. (*)
(*) Some features require a free ChargePoint driver account. Visit http://www.chargepoint.com to create your account and sign up for a ChargePoint card.
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.