Riding a bike at night can be a bit of a risky proposition if you don’t know what you’re doing, and not everyone has had as much training as Team BMC. Ensuring that drivers can see you is paramount to your own safety and the safety of others on the road.
So you may as well stay visible in style.
Check out the new MonkeyFK from Monkeylectric.
The Monkey Light is made up of 32 ultra-bright, full-colour LEDs, 16 on each side of the wheel, that combine to create up to 42 themes with hundreds of colour combinations.
Monkey Light Features:
- Power: 3 x AA batteries (any type), NIMH rechargeable provide best performance
- Battery life: up to 20 hours
- Fit: bicycle wheels 20″ or larger.
- Riding speed: up to 40 mph (65 km/h). Patterns visible above 8-10mph (12-15km/h).
- Visibility: front and side visibility when mounted on front wheel. rear and side visibility when mounted on rear wheel.
- Mounting: straps to spokes of wheel with vibration-proof 3-point mount (included).
- Rugged IP67 fiber composite construction designed for daily use in all weather conditions
- 32 ultra bright full color LEDs (16 on each side)
The MonkeyFK retails from the Monkeylectric site for $74.99, and a Mini version is available for $49.99.
I'm a Christian, a nerd, a geek, a liberal left-winger, and believe that we're pretty quickly directing planet-Earth into hell in a handbasket! I work as Associate Editor for the Important Media Network and write for CleanTechnica and Planetsave. I also write for Fantasy Book Review (.co.uk), Amazing Stories, the Stabley Times and Medium. I love words with a passion, both creating them and reading them.