Published on September 25th, 2012 | by Chelsea0
Recycle and Cash In Old Electronics with USPS and MaxBack
Make some quick cash, get rid of your old electronics, and keep more gadgets from piling up in landfills with the U.S. Postal Service.
Here’s how the electronic recycling program works:
- Go to this USPS page to search for the gadget you want to scrap.
- Get a quote for how much your gadget is worth (and decide if that’s cool with you).
- Send in your gadget in a free USPS priority mail envelope.
- Wait for MaxBack (the recycling company) to receive and inspect your gadget.
- Collect your payment via Paypal, Amazon gift card, or an old-fashioned check.
Even if your Zack Morris-style cell phone isn’t worth scratch, the USPS will still provide you a free envelope to ship your electronic off for recycling.