Published on August 3rd, 2011 | by Zachary Shahan3
HOT Bamboo Bicycle, Mayor Crushes Illegally-Parked Cars with Tank (+ Transportation Top 10)
August 3rd, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
Bicycles (most efficient mode of transportation known to man.. or woman) + bamboo (super fast-growing, environmentally friendly plant) = awesome bikes. Check out more on this sweet-as-heck bamboo bicycle, “grown” by grafting bamboo in the video below.
More text on the bike on TheCityFix.
One more video before our top transportation stories of the week. Check out Arturas Zuokas, the “World’s Most Bike-Friendly Mayor” crush a car parked in a bike lane with a tank… Strong policy, but hey!
- White House Announces New Fuel Economy Standards [Red, Green, & Blue]
- Thank You, Early Electric Vehicle Adopters [NRDC]
- Zipcar Reduces Driving, Improves Sustainable Transport [TheCityFix]
- Prius Coupe Set for 2014 Launch [Gas2]
- ChargePoint Network Moves in to Boston [Gas2]
- Opel Plans to Build 20,000 Fuel-cell Luxury Sedans for 2016 [Gas2]
- Fisker Hints at Bugatti-Like Performance Thanks to New EV Transmission [Gas2]
Other Transportation Stories
- Boston’s Hubway Bike-Sharing Program Gets Going [WBUR]
- Making Buses Better [NRDC]
- Transportation as a Civil Rights Issue [Wired]
Photo via James Dyson Award
Keep up to date with all the hottest cleantech news by subscribing to our (free) cleantech newsletter, or keep an eye on sector-specific news by getting our (also free) solar energy newsletter, electric vehicle newsletter, or wind energy newsletter.