Bicycles (most efficient mode of transportation known to man.. or woman) + bamboo (super fast-growing, environmentally friendly plant) = awesome bikes. Check out more on this sweet-as-heck bamboo bicycle, “grown” by grafting bamboo in the video below.
More text on the bike on TheCityFix.
One more video before our top transportation stories of the week. Check out Arturas Zuokas, the “World’s Most Bike-Friendly Mayor” crush a car parked in a bike lane with a tank… Strong policy, but hey!
- White House Announces New Fuel Economy Standards [Red, Green, & Blue]
- Thank You, Early Electric Vehicle Adopters [NRDC]
- Zipcar Reduces Driving, Improves Sustainable Transport [TheCityFix]
- Prius Coupe Set for 2014 Launch [Gas2]
- ChargePoint Network Moves in to Boston [Gas2]
- Opel Plans to Build 20,000 Fuel-cell Luxury Sedans for 2016 [Gas2]
- Fisker Hints at Bugatti-Like Performance Thanks to New EV Transmission [Gas2]
Other Transportation Stories
- Boston’s Hubway Bike-Sharing Program Gets Going [WBUR]
- Making Buses Better [NRDC]
- Transportation as a Civil Rights Issue [Wired]
Photo via James Dyson Award
I'm the director of CleanTechnica, the most popular clean energy website in the world, and Planetsave, a leading green and science news site. I've been covering green news of various sorts since 2008, and I've been especially focused on solar energy, electric vehicles, bicycling, and wind energy for the past few years. You can also find my work on Scientific American, Reuters, Think Progress, GE's ecomagination site, several sites in the Important Media network, & many other places. To connect on your favorite social network, go to: zacharyshahan.com